Monday 6 February 2012

Papermache or paper news?

Newspaper! We DO know what that is right? It's this kind of weird paper that people in the olden days used to get their information from. The internet, I-pads or plain old televisions weren't created then? I'm kidding ..okay??I know what a newspaper is. In the Caribbean, that's how you get your news. I read an article today, online (yes I'm modernized) and I wanted to comment on it, share my perception of the article itself and share the perception that was formed as a result of reading this article. 

YOU can read the article  and you can share your comment and perceptions too.




       Child incest: The effects of molestation can last a lifetime. This has to be one of the most nagging (for want of a better word) articles I've read. You see, I actually have a friend, a very good friend of mine who has been in such a situation. You know how they say there's an exception to every rule? My friend isn't it. Normally, stereotypes bother me to scorn but here, it's amazing to see how true it is! This article literally grabbed my eyes out of my head, and once I started reading, I couldn't stop. Then I had to read it again, and again just to make sure that what I'd read was really so. The truthfulness and similarity of it all still intrigues me and leaves me in disbelief.

Incest is a profound form of child abuse, and one of the most devastating effects of child incest comes from the confusing constellation of feelings it creates.


I perceive this article to be thought-provoking. It’s going to make me analyze the people I come in contact with and wonder: “Are you from an incestuous family?” based on the way they act. I am now so much more grateful for the life I’ve had. However, it saddens me to know that some people go through this every day and hardly anything is done. This article makes me want to make a difference. I want to become an abuse-victim counselor or something of the sort after reading this. Children who have had this experience are faced with a heap of worries and it is a sad and heavy burden they must bear that they don’t even deserve. I feel to make a difference; to make a change. As Mahatma Gandhi said, “You have to be the change you want to see in the world.” I don’t know how to be that change though. This article seriously touched me, no pun intended, and has proven to be quite informative. Well done Guardian TT!

Till we meet again
Give God All Your Worries
JoReRi

No comments:

Post a Comment