Thursday 16 February 2012

Curry, Bollywood and Saris

Namaste! I don't know if you could tell from the title of this post, but I'm talking about India. My group,सुंदर महिलाओं(pronounced sundara mahilā'ōṁ) which translated means "Beautiful ladies" ,decided to become one with the culture of India and in turn, bring OUR country of India to Trinidad.







A Sari
A Dhoti
We started with the anthem of India, Jana Gana Mana. We followed with a presentation on the way Indians communicate, their religion, their food and culture and their dress. This culture allowed to me to appreciate the Hindu religion a bit more. The way they communicate, between male and female, husband and wife or just with one another, is definitely DIFFERENT, but not strange. The respect over there is amazing. It's unique to a culture that is in itself a unique one.









I have a deeper respect for Indian's and their many attractions. From the way they dress, to the food they eat, to the places their country hold, to all the amazing attributes that India has contributed to this world. Did you know that India is the 7th largest country? It holds one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Tajh Mahal. It features food, fashion, Bollywood, dancing, music and love.





This culture was in no which way, shape and or form strange to me. I learned about the way Indians communicate. Quite honestly, I'll leave that....TO THEM because if I, Jolyne Renelle Richard, not a presenter acting as an Indian, but a Haito-Tobagonian,started bowing to everyone or couldn't stand next to my husband(if I had one), this world would go mad and so would I. But I DO respect it. Their ENTIRE culture. More than you can fathom. And who knows, if I ever catch a plane over to India, I'll be communicating just like them.

Sayonara for now(<---not Hindi)
JoReRi

No comments:

Post a Comment